can be upset by the death of someone we knew virtually no. It's official, it happens.
I recently learned the death of one of my teachers, time - very short - when I was studying at the University of Caen. Yves Moderan "left light", as the Latins say, July 1, 2010 Paris. His sudden death occurred while he was vice president of the jury of the aggregation of history.
Moderan Yves was an eminent specialist in the history of Roman Africa, especially in the era of the late Roman Empire, the Moors, the Vandals, the Africana provincia of Cyprian and Tertullian, that of Christian Carthage, between Jupiter Hammon and Allah, between antiquity and declining am-called Middle Ages the so-called obscure. The Maghreb at the Antique, with its old stones, its Roman and French colonists that must obliterate the comparison cursed, his olive trees and wheat fed and Rome Much of the Mediterranean for centuries, its emperors, its Bishops, Donatists and its vessels, its barbaric and temples Punic, Greek, Roman, his ...
I have not followed many courses offered by Yves Moderan, but I keep a vivid memory. I remember his brilliant demonstration of that session around a stele inscriptions where Berber is made Roman Emperor, with multiple readings, with the fussy intellectual journey that makes the beauty of the historical profession, such as stroke Brush the beauty in the artist's gesture. But I also remember the professor who, like a Dumbledore - a comparison ready to smile - the silvery beard and sparkling eyes, defended the values of his mode of teaching, conducting his scholarly research and teaching staff with verve and humanity. Close to its students, as evidenced by themselves again, it was open to everything and everyone, curious, dynamic, passionate and exciting, and his memory for me is that so few have seen and heard very moving.
I think back now, facing what is only memoria, that I owe to this man among others. Because yes, despite the lack of time and spirit m'aient related to Yves Moderan, he brought me a lot. His lectures on Roman Africa of late antiquity, when I was working specifically on Greek religion, Anatolia, much earlier in history, though further east, however, gave me the want to know more about the last days of antiquity, and so I am piqued curiosity, and gradually open to the Roman Empire, at a time later, wanting to do with the modest Moderan application that is mine in my Greco-Roman Anatolia late antiquity. I remember coming back home after one of his classes and have pondered my window, late afternoon in a blue-orange, on what I loved history, the type of historian that I wanted to be on the research I wanted to lead. I remember myself a little inflamed, imagining him as deploy an audience passionate about all my paths investigator, transcribe my old stones, the cry "Sinking of Antiquity", defending the facts as Documents show me, send a taste of ancient history and yet so near, that it does not deal with machetes of ideology but with the tweezers of the scientist, a good glass of humanity the other hand.
Yves Moderan has a place in my life that has never, nobody, not even me until now, have suspected. It is sad that this is after this great loss that I knew it, because I could never reciprocate. Although, like him, I owe to my elders, I could perhaps one day pass it on to young shoots. I hope so. For now, I collect myself, I ponder, as the day I was returning from a history course at dusk. Yves Moderan that is past, but the sun continues to shine.
If you want to know more about the master, I invite you to read the moving tribute colleagues at the University Caen .
I recently learned the death of one of my teachers, time - very short - when I was studying at the University of Caen. Yves Moderan "left light", as the Latins say, July 1, 2010 Paris. His sudden death occurred while he was vice president of the jury of the aggregation of history.
Moderan Yves was an eminent specialist in the history of Roman Africa, especially in the era of the late Roman Empire, the Moors, the Vandals, the Africana provincia of Cyprian and Tertullian, that of Christian Carthage, between Jupiter Hammon and Allah, between antiquity and declining am-called Middle Ages the so-called obscure. The Maghreb at the Antique, with its old stones, its Roman and French colonists that must obliterate the comparison cursed, his olive trees and wheat fed and Rome Much of the Mediterranean for centuries, its emperors, its Bishops, Donatists and its vessels, its barbaric and temples Punic, Greek, Roman, his ...
I have not followed many courses offered by Yves Moderan, but I keep a vivid memory. I remember his brilliant demonstration of that session around a stele inscriptions where Berber is made Roman Emperor, with multiple readings, with the fussy intellectual journey that makes the beauty of the historical profession, such as stroke Brush the beauty in the artist's gesture. But I also remember the professor who, like a Dumbledore - a comparison ready to smile - the silvery beard and sparkling eyes, defended the values of his mode of teaching, conducting his scholarly research and teaching staff with verve and humanity. Close to its students, as evidenced by themselves again, it was open to everything and everyone, curious, dynamic, passionate and exciting, and his memory for me is that so few have seen and heard very moving.
I think back now, facing what is only memoria, that I owe to this man among others. Because yes, despite the lack of time and spirit m'aient related to Yves Moderan, he brought me a lot. His lectures on Roman Africa of late antiquity, when I was working specifically on Greek religion, Anatolia, much earlier in history, though further east, however, gave me the want to know more about the last days of antiquity, and so I am piqued curiosity, and gradually open to the Roman Empire, at a time later, wanting to do with the modest Moderan application that is mine in my Greco-Roman Anatolia late antiquity. I remember coming back home after one of his classes and have pondered my window, late afternoon in a blue-orange, on what I loved history, the type of historian that I wanted to be on the research I wanted to lead. I remember myself a little inflamed, imagining him as deploy an audience passionate about all my paths investigator, transcribe my old stones, the cry "Sinking of Antiquity", defending the facts as Documents show me, send a taste of ancient history and yet so near, that it does not deal with machetes of ideology but with the tweezers of the scientist, a good glass of humanity the other hand.
Yves Moderan has a place in my life that has never, nobody, not even me until now, have suspected. It is sad that this is after this great loss that I knew it, because I could never reciprocate. Although, like him, I owe to my elders, I could perhaps one day pass it on to young shoots. I hope so. For now, I collect myself, I ponder, as the day I was returning from a history course at dusk. Yves Moderan that is past, but the sun continues to shine.
If you want to know more about the master, I invite you to read the moving tribute colleagues at the University Caen .
0 comments:
Post a Comment