Abdelwahab Meddeb (1)
........ WHITE CITY (excerpt)
Man y
vogue in the air where it does not lose the sky and the sea
always up
patio tub that floats between the two blue
that Only two birds tear
three free
wings take you to the range of pine hedges
Profile gardens
arch and the bridge are bodies that extend
bridges between the living and the dead I
up and I descend I go back again I see the shadow of Aya
I hailed another night on the sidewalk
every door she hurried on
it does not turn his heels
resonate and vibrate to silence streetlights
mirror shudder when I hear the palm trees dancing
arcs in the air fall on the floor
black wet with tears
the heart of the mourners cry sound module
they force the thorax around the grave stone
white box that encloses the earth
body of rebel
words together his remains
and deported to the membership for posthumous
Aya I exhumed an old poet who sang
intoxication the bent grass
at the foot of his tomb had a vine believed
[...]
The Poets of the Mediterranean , Poetry / Gallimard
0 comments:
Post a Comment